Privacy is the main concern and settings will hide information of living persons until you log in.
The Frederick Family Tree serves as the front end for our Genealogy site. Here I will like to store photo collections, Postcard Collection, Cemetery Headstone Photos, Obituaries and other related research documents.
If you have photos or documents that you would like to share, I will gladly host them with full acknowledgement. Documents, photos and information hosted on this site are intended for use in personal genealogy research and shall never be sold or exchanged for monetary gain.
Descendants of the Frederick Family can join this site by requesting a Login Account which will email me (see a contact link at bottom of any page) and I will then update your account allowing you to be able to see details of all and also to be able to contribute to the Family Tree and update missing or incorrect information.
The "Charts" button at the top of the page will quickly show you charts that start with your own record. You can use the links in "My Favorites" to jump to some of the main family sections, or use the "Search" button to find a person by typing in their name. Under "Lists" you will see alphabetic lists and a list of places where you can search for people by the place where they were born, died, or married. The "Calendar" button will show you people who were born, died, or married on a selected day of the year.
There is lots more, so just play around with it.
The Frederick Family Tree has an e-mail list that may be used by our family to send and receive information. If you have e-mail access and would like to subscribe to this list, simply click on the link 'please contact Scott Baker' at the bottom of the page and inform me that you want to be on the mailing list.
Here's how the e-mail List works: Once subscribed you are part of the list. Then, whenever you or another subscriber sends an e-mail to BakerFamily at wersvdru.net, it will be sent to EVERY subscriber (including yourself). This is a great way to share and receive news about our Families.
Guidelines for Use
- Do not subscribe others to this service. Only if both are family members.
- Remember that your email will be viewed by all on the list, so please use tact and grace when disclosing information.
- The mail list is not a marketing tool or a forum to present views, criticisms, or vent frustrations.
- You may unsubscribe by the same process of subscribing as noted above.
If you have any questions please contact Scott Baker, using the link at the bottom of the page.
Family Group Record
- Download PDF file and fill out. Once completed send to Scott Baker for updates to database.
- Select two people in your family and figure out which ancestor they have in common. For example, if you chose yourself and a first cousin, you would have a grandparent in common.
- Look at the top row of the chart and find the first person's relationship to the common ancestor.
- Look at the far left column of the chart and find the second person's relationship to the common ancestor.
- Move across the columns and down the rows to determine where the row and column containing these two relationships (from #2 & #3) meet. This box is the relationship between the two individuals.